I have a history of getting very frustrated with pie dough and this dough was so easy to work with I was relaxed and actually enjoying myself the whole time. I will definitely be making these again! I took my beautiful pies to a friends house for an arm knitting party because I am 25 going on 86 and my friends who don't even eat Paleo like them! Sweet success!
Apple Pie
Dough from Brittany Angell's Club Angell recipe 'Copy Cat Pillsbury Pie Dough'. Sorry but you have to buy the recipe or I'll get in trouble...
5-7 apples depending on size, peeled and sliced (I used organic red delicious)
1 TBS of cinnamon
1/2 cup of xylitol
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
I made the dough following Brittany's recipe*, rolled it out, put it in my pie plate and poked some vent holes in the bottom.
Pour the filling into the crust and cover with a top crust (I made a faux lattice top!) and place in oven.
I covered the outer edge of the crust with foil for the first 20 minutes and then pulled it off for the last 20 minutes. it should bake for 40-50 minutes depending on the thickness of you apple slices.
Allow to cool before slicing.
Enjoy!
* If you don't want to pay for her Club Angell recipes, which I highly recommend, you can Google 'paleo pie crusts' and go from there. Most of those will be pressed pie crusts, i.e. cheesecake crust. I did find this one that is rolled but have not tried it...
![]() |
| Parchment paper dusted with tapioca starch. |
![]() |
| Rolled out and ready for the pie plate. |
![]() |
| Poked a few vent holes and then made my filling. |
![]() |
| The stripes kept braking (it was hot in the house) but I could easily pinch them back together! |
![]() |
| Nothing like the smell of hot apple pie! |







No comments:
Post a Comment