A few weeks ago, my dad, Matt and I went to Fogo de Chao, a Brazilian steakhouse in Philadelphia. It was one of the best food experiences in our lives! They have pork ribs that are amazing, salty and citrusy. This marinade reminds me of those ribs and I LOVE it! I marinated chicken breasts for the week and they were so juicy and tender - so, so good!
Salty Lime Marinade
Adapted from Civilized Caveman Cooking
12 chicken breasts
1/2 cup of grapeseed oil
1 cup of lime juice
4 TBS chili powder
4 tsp oregano
3 tsp cumin
3 tsp sage
1 TBS salt
1 TBS black pepper
Prepare your marinade container, I used a mixing bowl lined with a garbage bag.
Add chicken breasts (or cut of choice) to container.
Mix the rest of the ingredients together and pour over top of meat.
Allow to marinate for at least 4 hours up to 12
Cook as desired. We baked chicken breasts.
Serve over a bed of greens, riced cauliflower, quinoa or some zucchini noodles! Yum!

No comments:
Post a Comment