Anyway, everyone needs a sweet treat now and again (I need them at least once a week!) and since cookie bars are my husband's all time favorite dessert it has been my paleo mission to make the best, most delicious tasting bars I can. Here is one that I have made from a mixture of a few different recipes, these are chewy and the edges get crispy - super tasty! I posted another recipe that is a more soft and fluffy bar if crunchy cookie bars aren't your thing... Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (or cookies)
2 cups of almond flour*
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup of coconut sugar (or any granulated sugar, xylitol works well too)
3 TBS coconut oil (or your favorite flavorless oil)
2 TBS milk (any kind)
1 TBS vanilla extract
1 cup of chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand because of their limited ingredients)
Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease baking pan or sheet. I used a 9x9 pan for the cookies bars.
Mix dry ingredients together. Add in wet ingredients whisking thoroughly.
Fold in chocolate chips and either pour into pan or spoon onto cookie sheet. Batter will be fairly loose, that's ok!
Bake cookie bars for about 25 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
Bake cookies for about 16 minutes.
For the cookie bars, cool completely before trying to remove them from the pan, they do not have any binding agent and they will fall apart and you will be left with chocolate chip granola (still tasty!!). I was in a rush yesterday and popped mine into the freezer for about 10 minutes before removing them from the pan.
If you make cookies, comment below and let me know how they turn out since I haven't made them yet. We are strictly cookie bar people in my house!
* NOTE - I buy almonds in bulk from BJ's and grind my own almond flour. It is WAY more cost effective and super easy. Doing that I can pick how course I want my flour, usually a little on the chunky side to give whatever I'm making some added texture.
![]() |
| Chunky batter ready for the pan |
![]() |
| Pressing the dough down |
![]() |
| Ready for the oven. |
![]() |
| Out of the oven |
![]() |
| Ready to eat! |





No comments:
Post a Comment