This burger combines all of the best things about pot stickers without the wrapper!
Pot Sticker Burgers
Adapted from CupcakesOMG!
Makes 8 - 10 full size burgers or twice that for sliders
(I like to see more on my plate so I chose to make the burgers smaller)
For the burger:
2 lbs. of ground chicken (I also used meatloaf mix and was not happy with the results at all! The chicken however was moist, flavorful and delicious!)
2 cloves of minced garlic
2 TBS minced ginger (I buy bigger pieces, peel and freeze so I always have ginger!)
4 TBS coconut aminos
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
3-4 scallions, chopped finely
1.5 cups of cole slaw mix
1 egg
Coconut oil for frying. I also tried Olive Oil, not a good choice!
For the Asian slaw:
3 cups of cole slaw mix
3-4 cloves of grated garlic
1.5 TBS grated ginger
3 TBS oil (I used avocado but olive, coconut, grapeseed, etc. will all work)
3 TBS coconut aminos
5 TBS apple cider vinegar
2 tsp fish sauce (I use Red Boat purchased at Whole Foods. If you don't have it, it can be omitted without too much of a difference in flavor)
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
4-5 scallions chopped
3 TBS sunflower seeds (without the shell)
Whisk together ginger, garlic, oil, coconut aminos, vinegar, fish sauce and sesame oil in a mixing bowl.
Add cole slaw mix, scallions, and sunflower seeds and mix well until dressing covers everything.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (seems unnecessary BUT the flavors get so much better with time. well worth it!)
In the meantime... In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, oil and scallions.
Add cole slaw mix and chicken and mix well with your hands and shape into burgers.
Heat a frying pan with coconut oil (trust me on this!)
Add burgers and cook until done. About 5 minutes each side depending on size.
Serve hot with the cold slaw and thank me for blowing your mind!

No comments:
Post a Comment