Friday, April 17, 2015

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Hello all!

For about two years now I have been making my own taco seasoning. Making your own seasonings cuts out those mysterious 'natural seasonings' and any added junk that is added to keep flavors shelf stable. I also don't want the yeast and sugar that is added to almost all taco seasoning packets. Oh and the cost! Anyway it is cheaper and more delicious (because you can tailor it to your taste buds!) and oh so simple!

Homemade Taco Seasoning

3 TBS chili powder
1 1/2 TBS cumin powder
1 TBS garlic powder
1 TBS salt
1 TBS pepper
1 TBS onion powder
1 1/2 tsp paprika
3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
3/4 tsp dried oregano

Mix all the spices together and add to anything you want to taste Mexican.
I usually use 1 TBS per pound of meat. Play with flavors and feel free to adjust ratios to your taste!
I always double the recipe and store in a Tupperware container with the rest of my spices.

2 comments:

  1. I made this tonight! I was in shop rite getting ready to buy it and remembered your post! Tim said it was 100000 times better then the packaged stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's some high praise - thanks Tim!

      Delete